National Empanada Day is Thursday, April 8. Enjoy these heavenly, flakey hand pies when you visit one of these neighborhood Birmingham restaurants.
Celebrate National Empanada Day in Birmingham by getting empanadas from one (or a few) of these nine nearby restaurants.
1. Pa’que Ronald
Pa’que Ronald serves tasty Venezuelan dishes from their food truck, similar to tacos, burgers, areapas, and, obviously, empanadas.
Request your empanada with simply cheddar or go substantial with destroyed meat, chicken or ham.
- Area: 1559 Montgomery Hwy, Hoover, AL 35216
- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday, 11AM-7PM | Sunday, 11AM-6:30PM
2. Miami Fusion Cafe
I’m so glad to see Miami Fusion Cafe’s midtown area open once more. The café makes astonishing Caribbean-roused dishes, including empanadas that will knock your socks off.
Get some hamburger, chicken or ham and cheddar empanadas from their two areas in Birmingham.
- Downtown area: 2015 fifth Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203 | 280 area: 5511 Hwy 280, Birmingham, AL 35242
- Downtown hours: Monday-Friday, 10AM-2PM | 280 area: Tuesday-Thursday, 10AM-9PM | Friday-Saturday, 10AM-10PM
Tropicaleo is a mainstream Puerto Rican café in Avondale. With their commitment to supportability and love for local area, it’s not difficult to perceive any reason why individuals love them.
Pick among veggie lover and vegan empanadas, or attempt the sampler plate that offers three for $13.
- Area: 4426 fourth Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35222
- Hours: Popup shops Monday-Tuesday, 5-9PM | Regular Wednesday-Thursday + Sunday, 11AM-9PM | Friday-Saturday, 11AM-11PM
4. Kool Korner Sandwiches
Kool Korner Sandwiches is a staple in Vestavia that serves extraordinary sandwiches and Cuban works of art. It’s additionally another stop to get a stunning empanada on Thursday, April 8.
You will not burn up all available resources while chowing down, either, on the grounds that empanadas at Kool Korner Sandwiches are simply $2.59 each.
- Area: 1360 Montgomery Hwy, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216
- Hours: Monday-Wednesday, 10AM-3PM | Thursday-Saturday, 10AM-8PM
5. Sabor Latino
From Mexican flavors to Peruvian staples, in case you’re hoping to extend your taste buds, Sabor Latino is an extraordinary decision. Extra: margaritas are $1 on Wednesdays.
Request their empanadas from the rundown of Peruvian canapés.
- Area: 112 Green Springs Hwy, Birmingham, AL 35209
- Hours: Monday-Thursday, 11AM-2PM, 5-9PM | Friday, 11AM-2PM, 5-9:40PM | Saturday, 11AM-9:40PM | Sunday, 11AM-7:30PM
Rojo is presently serving empanadas 😍 Make you route to this Birmingham top choice for an incredible feast. Empanadas accompany your decision of ground meat or chicken, sharp cream, salsa, lettuce and a side of jalapenos.
- Area: 2921 Highland Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35205
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday, 11AM-9PM | Saturday-Sunday, 11AM-10PM
7. Sol Y Luna
Sol Y Luna serves tapas and a special empananda that you can’t get at some other eatery. Request their seared duck empanadas with chimichurri sauce for a unique involvement with Birmingham.
- Area: 920 Lane Parke Ct, Mountain Brook, AL 35223
- Hours: Monday-Thursday, 11AM-3PM, 5-9PM | Friday, 11AM-3PM, 5-10PM | Saturday, 11AM-3PM, 5-9PM
8. El ZunZún
El ZunZún’s brilliant tones mirror the kinds of their tropical dishes. They serve tacos, enchiladas and a couple of manifestations of their own, including their chicharrone empanadas. It highlights:
chicharrones (fried pork skins), avocado salsa, queso fresco, lettuce, cilantro
- Area: 4105 Crosshaven Dr, Birmingham, AL 35243
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday, 11AM-9PM | Friday-Saturday, 11AM-10PM | Sunday, 11AM-8PM
9. Cayo Coco Rum Bar
Cay Coco Rum Bar has an intriguing interpretation of empanadas—meat picadillo. This Cuban solace dish is made with ground meat, potatoes, ringer peppers, onions, garlic, raisins and olives. The filling is then stuffed into a flakey batter and finished off with pico de gallo.
- Area: 2015 first Ave N, Unit-A, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Hours: Monday-Thursday, 4–9PM | Friday-Saturday, 4–10PM
Related: National Empanada day, National Empanada day 2021, National Empanada day to be celebrated, Restaurants for National Empanada day, Indian Global News