See detail information including salary, age.
The West Bengal Public Service Commission (wbpsc.gov.in) has extended the application deadline for the post of Assistant Engineer (Civil). According to the new notification, the application can be submitted till August 31.
Salary: Monthly salary ranges from Rs 56,100 to Rs 144,300. With DA, MA and HRA.
Number of vacancies: Will be announced later. Initially temporary posts will be appointed. The appointments will be made in Public Works, Irrigation, Public Health Technical and Panchayat Offices.
1) Civil Engineering or equivalent degree from a recognized university.
2) Being able to read, write and speak in Bengali. However, the rule will not apply to candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali.
3) Only one year postgraduate practical training or study or research or hands-on engineering experience is required for Public Health Technical and Panchayat Offices.
Age: As of January 1, 2020, the maximum age of the applicant may be 36. There is a maximum age discount for reserved candidates. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes will get five years exemption. OBC candidates can apply up to 39 years. In case of particularly able (40 percent or more physical disability) candidates, the limit is 45 years.
Application process: Apply online by visiting the official website of West Bengal Public Service Commission ( wbpsc.gov.in ).
Application fee: 210 rupees. One percent service charge (at least five rupees) will be charged for submitting the fee online. If you submit the fee offline or to the bank, you will have to pay a service charge of Rs. 20.
Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes and specially able (40 percent or more physical disability) are not required to submit any application fee.
1) Last date for online application: August 31, 2020.
2) Last date for submission of fees online: August 31, 2020.
3) Last date to generate invoice for submission of fee offline: August 31, 2020.
4) Last date for submission of fees offline: September 1, 2020.